POS 72 (Place of Service 72)
Exigency of POS codes
The shortened form of Place of Service codes POS codes are two-digit distinctive codes that are managed by CMS (Centres for Medicare and Medicaid).
POS codes are demandable in the health care settings such as,
- Physician’s clinics
- Patient’s homes
- Long-term care facilities centres
where the services are executed.
Unpacked details about POS 72
The Place of Service 72 or POS 72 code in medical billing holds in custody “Rural Health Clinics“. (RHCs)
When is the POS 72 code employed?
The Place of Service 72 code is used on the medical claim form for
rural medically unattended (underserved) areas that provide ambulatory primary health care services under the instructions of a general physician.
☑️Please take a note of ~ POS 72 is only apposite when the procedure performed in Rural Health Clinic (RHC) under certified facilities.
Winnings of Rural Health Clinics
Like a beam of hope in the darkness of despair, Rural Health Clinics (RHCs) have several reaping benefits,
- People can easily access Primary Health Care services and basic laboratory services that would otherwise be limited or non-existent.
- They serve as the local basic emergency care centres with life-saving services.
- RHCs help to compensate doctors’ shortages by using mid-level providers.
Crew members sailing the ship of RHCs
The enticing voyage is not possible without the valid efforts of the following members.
- Nurse practitioners (NP)
- Physician assistants (PA)
- and certified nurse-midwives (CNM)
How does Medicare and Medicaid recompense RHCs?
It uses an All-Inclusive Rate (AIR) for medically acclaimed Primary Health Care and qualified preventive health services provided by an RHC practitioner.
POS 72 code is set down.
- the Prospective Payment System (PPS)
- Or an Alternative Payment Methodology (APM)
The bottom line!
The Place of Service 72 code is intended for RHCs programs to popularize Primary Health care services for rural patients.
The RHC system enjoys bonus reimbursement rates for furnishing Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Always rehash POS codes before the final submission to avoid any error in services.
- Place of Service 19|POS 19 in Medical Billing(2023)
- Place of Service Codes List in Medical Billing?(2023)
- Place of Service 50|POS 50 in Medical Billing(2023)
- Place of Service 81|POS 81 in Medical Billing(2023)
- Place of Service 32|POS 32 in Medical Billing(2023)
- Place of Service 24|POS 24 in Medical Billing(2023)
- Place of Service 65|POS 65 in Medical Billing(2023)
- Place of Service 23|POS 23 in Medical Billing(2023)
- Place of Service 12|POS 12 in Medical Billing(2023)
- POS 72|Place of Service 72 in Medical Billing