POS 61 (Place of Service 61)
The place of Service code is a two-digit code that should be stipulated on an HCFA claim form on box number 24b while relenting the claims to insurance companies.
Unrolling on POS 61
The Place of Service 61 or POS 61 signifies “Comprehensive Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility“.
What does the aforesaid service mean?
“Comprehensive Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility” is a type of facility that provides compendious rehabilitation helping hands.
The services take place under the supervision of
- a qualified physician
- inpatients with physical disabilities
- require rigorous rehabilitation
They do the following,
- Help patients to regain function(with those having functional impairments)
- To make them as independent as possible
- and make them able and capable to be acceptable in a community setting
Who are the members of the squad?
It’s an incredible team comprising of eminent members,
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech-language pathologists
- Social workers
- Rehabilitation nurses
- Rehabilitation psychiatrists
Good turns of Comprehensive Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility include?
As per POS 61 or Comprehensive, Inpatient Rehabilitation Services include the following,
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech pathology
- Social services
- Psychological services
- and Prosthetics services
Plan of actions under Comprehensive Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility
🔲 Treatment plans are devised according to the input of the patient and their family.
- ☑️Please take note of ~ Try to be as honest as possible while giving details to enjoy the most beneficial output.
🔲 A symposium arrangement on a daily basis to review progress and goals.
🔲 An extra provision is made for patients and their respective families to raise any query or demand a solution.
🔲 A special training program for those caring family members to take the step ahead at home.
🔲 Unbroken care coordination after discharge which includes,
- Home-based rehabilitation
- Outpatient rehabilitation
- Adult daycare services
The Place of Service 61 or POS 61 is different from POS 21 although they are meant for Inpatients.
✅POS 61 is applicable for facilities including psychiatric patients.
✅POS 21 is attainable for facilities excluding psychiatry.
Please submit the correct POS code to avoid any denial of services.
- Place of Service 20|POS 20 in Medical Billing(2021)
- Place of Service 32|POS 32 in Medical Billing(2021)
- Place of Service 65|POS 65 in Medical Billing(2021)
- Place of Service 81|POS 81 in Medical Billing(2021)
- Place of Service 19|POS 19 in Medical Billing(2021)
- Place of Service 12|POS 12 in Medical Billing(2021)
- POS 99|Place of Service 99 in Medical Billing
- POS 72|Place of Service 72 in Medical Billing
- POS 61|Place Of Service 61 in Medical Billing
- POS 34|Place of Service 34 in Medical Billing