POS 99 (Place of Service 99)
Among those 99 two-digit referral codes here are the low-cut to the matchless 99th POS code.
Like all other codes, the Place of Service 99 code forms an integral functional part whose noteworthiness is of great value in governing the acceptability of direct billing of
- and other Private insurance companies
☑️Please take note of ~ The Place of Service codes to signify the setting (health care sectors) in which services were rendered limiting within facilities set up.
To unfurl the POS 99 code
Place of Service 99 indicates “Other Place of services” or “other unlisted services”.
It means the acclaimed insurance company provides the payment for all those services which rule out from the services bearing the codes (01-98).
How to appraise the need for POS 99 code?
The Place of Service 99 code is implemented if the services are NOT related to the appended services
- Indian Health Service (Free-standing Facility)
- Homeless Shelter
- Indian Health Service (Provider-based Facility)
- Tribal 638 (Provider-based facility)
- Prison (Correctional Facility)
- Place of Employment- (Worksite)
- Off-Campus- (Outpatient Hospital)
- Urgent Care Facility
- On-Campus- (Outpatient Hospital)
- Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Military Treatment Facility
- Federally Qualified Health Center
- Inpatient Psychiatric Facility
- Psychiatric Facility- (Partial Hospitalization)
- Community Mental Health Center
- Intermediate Care Facility or Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities
- Residential Substance Abuse Treatment Facility
- Non-residential Substance Abuse Treatment Facility
- Comprehensive Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility
…..and the list goes on.
HINT: For detailed excluded services it’s advisable to visit the following official website👇
An instance of POS 99 code usage
Supposing, a physician explicates a medical image regarding surgery in a hotel room.
Doubtlessly POS 99 code should be reported.
In case, both the doctor and the patient are present in the room, then POS 16 is most appropriate to be used.
☑️Please take note of ~ POS 99 is a non-facility service.
To sum up!
The POS codes are a mandatory part of your claim which should coincide with the ZIP codes mentioned along.
☑️Pay attention to!!!
Any confusion while putting the POS codes? Then immediately contact your Medical Administrative Contractor.
You don’t want any fuss, right?